VAHomeloancenters.com has a great article on the 11 steps to home buying success.
Real estate transactions often vary based on the customs and laws of the area in which you live.
Many of the advised steps in the home buying process are fairly standard. Though, the order in which the individual accomplishes them may differentiate depending on the location of the property.
Understanding the full scope of the home buying journey, will lead to a greater feeling of confidence in completing the requirements of all that is involved in the transaction, as well as in yourself.
Use the following links to review specific parts of the article:
- Put your finances in order
- Decide on your needs and wants
- Familiarize yourself with the mortgage industry
- Get Pre-Approved for a mortgage
- Working with Real Estate Agents
- Finding A Home – the Fun Part
- What To Do Before You Make an Offer
- Making an offer
- Home Inspections and other tests
- Correcting or avoiding problems at the last minute